Monday, January 31, 2011

Inflammation - 7 Foods to Avoid...Here's #4

Caffeine
Coffee - Tea - Cola - Chocolate
You knew it had to be on the list. :(  Because caffeine is considered a stimulant, many of us turn to caffeine-rich beverages for energy.  However, the boost we get is false.  The problem with caffeine is that the "up" is relatively brief followed by a substantially longer and deeper sedative effect. 
When we are already tired, the sedative effects can be much more powerful leading to a much deeper and long lasting sense of fatigue.  

This picture represents how I feel on too much caffeine!
The good news is that cutting out caffeine makes a difference within a week.  Most see a difference in their fatigue level almost immediately.  

My World..
I rarely drink pop of any kind.  I have changed over to decaf green tea which is a good thing (I will leave that for another post)  I am all in all not a chocolate lover but I need to be aware as chocolate has caught me off guard before.  

My area of struggle is with coffee... 
I LOVE COFFEE on a cold mornings like today!  (even the picture makes me smile)  That being said...I highly recommend you cut coffee out for a period of time if at all possible, then you will be able to understand the affect it has on your body.  I have cut coffee out totally for months when I needed to get my body re-balanced.  I have cut coffee out totally when I think I'm getting addicted to it.  I also rarely drink coffee in the summer.  Right now when my body feels good and I'm not struggling physically I allow myself a cup coffee in the morning.  That would be one drinking cup full.  Not one pot full :)  I also only use organic coffee and for creamer I use coconut milk.  

Only 3 more Foods to go!  
Then I will spend some time sharing what I do eat.  I can't wait...talking about what we should eat is much more fun than talking about what we should not!

No comments:

Post a Comment