Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Current Short Term Fitness Goal! (not the sticker chart...the video!)

So here's the deal... 
I have to have a fitness goal.  
Not only do I need a sticker chart to keep track of that goal, but I also need a reason to keep pressing on when my body hurts and I am tired.  

My ultimate fitness goal is to be strong and healthy, keeping my Lupus and Arthritis as contained as possible. 

But how do you measure that?  I used to measure my health by how I feel each day but that is so subjective.  The positive physical benefits like fitting into a certain dress or swimsuit have never been motivators for me.  Maybe a piece of awesome cheesecake!  (Not a good idea!) 

So last year I decided I would "measure" my fitness by setting a short term goal and it worked!  My goal last year was to be strong enough physically to enjoy a full day of water skiing with Brad's family.  The prior year...I couldn't enjoy it because it made me so tired.  So last year, not only did I get to actually enjoy skiing...the added benefit was that I had enough energy to keep up with my children.  I have more memories of last summer having fun than memories of just wishing I could take a nap!  I'm hoping for the same this year.

A personal note...please know I share this with you...not for my own benefit.  I fear always talking about me.  But, I have learned through these past years of not feeling well...that life is short and I'm hoping that you will be encouraged to live life, get moving, enjoy each moment God gives you and make some great memories...

Sooooo - My fitness goal this year is to feel strong enough by spring to physically to do this:








Yikes!  (don't tell my mommy!)

So today the question is...what is your fitness goal?  Long term?  Short term?  Maybe it's to be able to physically sit on the floor and play games with your children.  Maybe it's to play basketball and be able to walk off the court of your own free will. :)  I don't know what it is...but I believe if you don't set some goals...you can never reach them.  

You can do it...decide, commit to the process, make plans and jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment