Thursday, March 17, 2011

What We Do Eat - Banana Cookies

Banana Cookies
I don't know about you but there are not too many foods more comforting than warm homemade banana bread!  In my quest to feed my family healthier, less processed and more nutrient filled food, somewhere along the line I came up with these banana cookies to help fill the void of not eating banana bread.  I just made some last night so I thought I would share them with you!    


The Ingredients:
3 Ripe bananas
2 Cups rolled oats 
1/3 Cup oil ( I use 1/4 C coconut oil plus water to make 1/3 C)
1 Cup dried cranberries (or dates or raisins)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 Cup walnuts 


The Directions:
Mash Bananas
Stir in vanilla, oil, oats, cranberries, walnuts
Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes
Drop by teaspoon on to ungreased cookie sheet.  
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  
*The cookies will get slightly brown on top and will harden up like chewy granola bars when they cool.  Don't overcook if you want the warm banana bread experience. 




Now look at those happy young ladies :). Lets just say they I think they were tired of waiting for the cookies to cool!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I wanna make these!!
    So few ingredients, so easy! Love it when you share recipes..

    ReplyDelete